It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who
allows the protester to burn the flag."
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms
and excited to join the military. For
those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand.Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance:
1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the
National Anthem ... kick their ass.
2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their ass.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to
all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how
these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the
many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while
a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.
4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle
dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting
GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you
look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not
everyone in the Air Force is
a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).
6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their
mistake...and kick their ass.
7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and
disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.
8) Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay
homage to her by placing your
hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn
you a severe ass kicking.
9) What JaneFonda
did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to
describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your
10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and
we all bleed the same regardless
of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our Commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardles
of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important
where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out.
The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)
11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did,
she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!
12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those
Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the
military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers;
let me know, so I can go kick their ass.
13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of
endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have
not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.
14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our
troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with
family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and
troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military
and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.